How to view
Lecture 6: Promoting Tokyo As an International Financial Center
Should Tokyo be one of the Top International Financial Center?
Part II. Has Japan Taken Any Comprehensive Reforms to Make the Tokyo Market More Competitive?
Under the Financial Big Bang
Impact of the Financial Big Bang
Part III. Present Performance of Financial and Capital Markets in Japan
1. Trends of Stock Market
Share of Market Capitalization by Top 3 Stock Exchanges (% of World Total)
Japanese Assets Held of Non-Residents
Japanese Household Financial Asset Composition (%)
Composition of Households' Financial Assets (%)
Number of Foreign Firms Listed in Major Stock Exchanges
2. Trends of Bond Market
Local Currency-Denominated Bonds($ Billion)
3. ETFs and Securitized Markets
Outstanding Securitized Securities (US$ Billions)
4. Capital Flows, Samurai Bonds and Offshore Markets, and FX Markets
Part IV. What is the Government Vision in view of Marking Tokyo More Competitive?
(1) To Turn Tokyo into a Common Asian Plat
(2) To Promote Innovation by Participants
(3) To Improve the Transparency and Predictability of Regulatory Supervision