DESIGNING A LOW-CARBON SOCIETY 2014
Lecturer : Hikaru Kobayashi
You will study fundamental knowledge both in terms of science and policies necessary to understand key issues involved in, and approaches to designing low-carbon societies, including:
1. Scientific understanding of climate change, its impacts, science and policy interface, global greenhouse gas emissions and their future projections based on different socio-economic scenarios.
2. Integration of climate change policies into development in developing countries in Asia,
3. Political processes of building international regime to tackle climate change, current negotiations on post-2012 climate regime and their challenges,
4. Key considerations in designing emissions trading and other important policy instruments,
5. Carbon accounting and carbon management, and
6. Corporate, local and national climate actions.