EMERGENCE OF DATA DRIVEN SOCIETY AND STRATEGY 2019
Lecturer : Kazuto Ataka
Whether you are going to do some kind of business or go into the company, data-driven analytical problem-solving skills and hands-on understanding of data utilization are essential in the days ahead.
This course aims to develop minimum data literacy to survive in this data-driven age for the students with at least 10th-11th grade mathematics skill and basic familiarity of Excel, on the assumption that they do not have much experience in data analysis and utilization.
Classes will be conducted interactively as much as possible. We will invest a considerable amount of time for each homework review and answers to the questions received in a weekly questionnaire.
Skill that aims to be acquired
- Perspectives on data-driven society
- Appropriate understanding of various related buzzwords
- Basic skills to extract implications of data
- Basic skills to avoid being deceived by data
- Basic skills of data handling and quantitative analysis
(Note) It is not a course to nurture experts in information science and big data processing
- Natural language processing
- Image processing
- Machine learning
- Data infrastructure construction
- Real time processing, etc.
Learns the power and fun of data
Acquire the practical basis of science and data-driven thinking
Becoming able to get the some implications when encounters with a data related news
Tools to be used
-Powerpoint (optional but preferred to use)